Materials needed: * Old newspapers to cover the desks
* paintbrushes of different thickness
* old rags or paper towel to wipe your paintbrushes
* plastic cups (for water)
* acrylics paints of different colors
* gloss and matte varnishes
* paper plates (for acrylic paints)
* round magnets
* super glue
* thin colorful ribbons
Project : (1) Each student will get their magnets and their plaque back .
(2) Each student should get a little bit of acrylic paints of different colors . They should paint their magnets and their plaque . This stage should not take them very long .
(3) Let it dry for at least 24 hours .
(4) The teacher or art docent can apply some varnish on all the pieces .
(5) Using the super glue , glue a round magnet on the back of the small art pieces to make the magnets . Let it dry !
(6) Attach a beautiful ribbon to each plaque .
Examples : Here are the finished pieces I showed you last week :
Glass of lemonade magnet
Apple on a book magnet
Little mermaid plaque
And here are more beautiful pieces :
A head magnet
A green head magnet
An army shark magnet
A kid plaque
An Arizona landscape plaque
Here it is . This project is now done ! I certainly hope that you and your students had a lot of fun creating your very own magnets and plaques . Have a wonderful weekend :)