Material needed : For this part of the project , we will need :
* a pencil # 2
* acrylic paint of various colors
* small plastic cups fill with water
* paintbrushes of different sizes
* paper towels
* pictures of different kind of bears
* matte varnish (optional)
(1) Each student will have to think of what kind of bear they want . A brown bear , a polar bear , a panda bear ? Once they choose the bear , they will also need to decide what kind of details to add (like eyes , nose , mouth , etc...) Will the bear have some form of clothing , like a scarf ? A shirt ?
(2) Now it is time for the student to draw the details on the bear with the pencil .
(3) Once the student likes what he/she sees , he/she is ready to start painting over the pencil and bring their bear to life .Below are a few examples .
A panda bear :
Polar bears :
A brown bear :